Family Class

  • A primary goal of Canada’s immigration law is to reunite families in Canada.
  • Family Class is based on relationship to a Canadian sponsor.
  • Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents can sponsor spouses, common-law partners, dependent children, parents or grandparents.
  • Different streams allow some applications to be processed in Canada, while others must be processed outside of Canada.

Provincial Nominee Programs

  • While immigration is a matter controlled by the federal government, the provinces of Canada have great interest in who is immigrating to each province
  • There are twelve programs in total – each with different stream and requirements
  • Most require a job offer or other close connection to that province such as studying, investing or operating a business there
  • We are experts on the Ontario Provincial Nomination Program and can fully advise you on the various streams available.

Federal skilled Workers

  • Skilled workers are people who will contribute to Canada’s growing economy. Successful applicants will receive a Permanent Resident card. You must meet the 6 selection factors in the skilled worker points grid, which are:
  • Education;
  • Abilities in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages. You must take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) ;
  • Work experience from the list of eligible occupations;
  • Age;
  • Arranged employment in Canada;
  • Adaptability.

Federal Skilled Trades

  • Part of Canada’s strategy to address shortage in skilled trades
  • Requires a job offer with Labour Market Impact Assessment OR a provincial certificate of qualification in your trade
  • Two years journeyman experience is needed in the trade
  • Minimum levels of English or French are required
  • We can help you understand language testing and credential assessment requirements
  • We can assess your opportunities in this class, which grows more complicated every year

Canadian experience class

If you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student who graduated in Canada, you may be eligible to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. The province of Quebec is the only province that is not part of this program. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience in O, A or B jobs from the National Occupational Classification system (NOC). Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Meet the required language skills needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening). For NOC O or A jobs, the minimum level of CLB 7 is required in either English or French for all four language abilities and CLB 5 for NOC B job.

You cannot use work experience in the following jobs under the National Occupational Classification system (NOC) to qualify for the CEC:

  • Cooks (NOC 6322)
  • Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
  • Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
  • Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
  • Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
  • Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)

Canadian Citizenship

To qualify for Canadian citizenship you must physically live in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1460 days in the six (6) years immediately before you apply for citizenship. In addition,

  • be physically present in Canada for at least 183 days during any four (4) calendar years that are fully or partially within the six (6) years before you apply;
  • meet all applicable requirement under the Income Tax Act to file income taxes for any four (4) taxation years that are fully or partially within the six (6) years immediately before you apply;
  • have the intention to reside in Canada, to work outside Canada in or with, or to accompany certain family members employed in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province outside Canada;
  • have the ability to speak and understand the English or French language. This does not apply to persons 65 years of age or older, and
  • be able to demonstrate, in English or French, knowledge about Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship. This does not apply to persons 65 years of age or older.

Note: If you were born abroad to a Canadian parent you may be a Canadian citizen. But, not all children born outside of Canada to Canadian parents automatically become Canadian citizens. Making an Application for Certificate of Citizenship is the official way to see if you are.

Start Up Visa

  • Make a Permanent Residence application based on your IT business starting up in Canada
  • Requires funding from an approved Canadian Angel Investor Fund or Venture Capital Fund
  • Prove post secondary education
  • Minimum language skills